To say a lot has happened since I last posted in 2019 would be an understatement. As if the year 2020 wasn’t enough, we also underwent quite a few home renovations, but the most life altering (and amazing) change the last couple of years have brought was the birth of our beautiful daughter Evelyn Grace Naskrent on 12/10/2020. Words cannot describe the love and joy sweet Evie has brought to our lives.
With fall quickly approaching, Michael and I have been extra excited to get the jump on our annual bucket list as we now have our little one to make these memories with. These are some of the things we are looking forward to this upcoming season.
Our Family Fall 2021 Bucket List
- Visit the pumpkin patch. Ideally I would love to go a few times! I am so excited to take Evie this year and watch her pick out a pumpkin and look at all the animals they have at the petting zoo!
- Go apple picking.
- Bake a fall treat from scratch using the apples we picked.
- Host Friendsgiving. There’s nothing better than good food and great friends! Plus, we upgraded our dining table this year and its HUGE. Perfect for a big Thanksgiving spread and lots of board games.
- Decorate the House. As you can see from the above picture, I have already gotten a jump start on this! I couldn’t resist. It’s one of my favorite parts of Fall!
- Take Evie on a Hayride.
- Go through a corn maze. This has become somewhat of a tradition for Michael’s birthday and it’s always a great time with friends and family.
- Make Pumpkin Bread. I reserve the right to cheat and use Trader Joe’s pumpkin bread mix.
- Take Evie trick or treating. If you are wondering if I bought her costume for Halloween in August, the answer is yes.
- Watch through our Fall movie list. I’ll be making a post with all of our favorites soon!
- Eat apple cider donuts. I have been gluten free for years now and last year I finally found a bakery that makes GF apple cider donuts! I will definitely be ordering some for my birthday.
- Decorate our porch. Every year for my birthday, we go pick out pumpkins and corn stalks for the front porch and Michael puts them out for me. I look forward to it every year!
- Make the house smell like fall with this cozy stovetop recipe.
Happy September 1st!